Friday, April 3, 2009
Fridays are glorious!
I have to say, I love Fridays. Especially the Friday after my last day of clinical for the semester. I get about a 2 week break before I have to start clinicals for Spring term, but a break is a break. I just finished with my ICU rotation, and it was a really interesting experience. I worked lots of great nurses and patients. I learned so much about life this semster. One of the days a patient coded while we were there, (meaning he stoped breathing/heart beating) and I was in the room doing CPR. (My instructor was also there, and I think she was a little surprised how well I can do compressions. But, after so many years, 10, of being certified, you get good at it.) The patient didn't end up making it through the code, and it really made me think about life. Also, this last patient I had yesterday was not doing well, and the doctors were struggling to figure out what was wrong. This life really is so fragile, and it can all change in an instant, but one thing I know more than anything is that our Heavenly Father is over all, and that nothing He does is a mistake. If we live how we know we're supposed to and we do all we can for ourselves, the Lord will take care of the rest. I know that He loves us and that we really can put our full trust in Him. Things may not turn out the way we had planned, but that's okay. Whether we lose a loved one, or something happens to us, things will work out. I am grateful for the gospel in my life, and for the knowledge that I have. Perspective is one thing I think every person should work to gain. With the proper perspective, nothing seems too hard.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment