Wednesday, July 21, 2010

4th of July

I know this is a little late, but I'm slowly catching up! 
We had a fun 4th and 5th of July, actually the whole weekend was fun.  We had a BBQ with the neighbors Sat night, and did some fireworks and then watched the Stadium of Fire from our yard.  Then Sunday was just a nice relaxing day with my brother and his family.  Then on Monday we started off the day watching the hot air balloons from our front yard- Isaac was a big fan.  One of them (pictured below) was having a hard time and almost came down a couple of times right by our house. 

 Then we went over to the parade and festival.  During the parade I thought Isaac was getting a little bored.  But he has since then asked to go and watch the parade multiple times.  So I think he really liked it. 
 This was my favorite float.  I don't remember who did it, but it was something about children's dreams.  The theme was the movie "How to Train your Dragon", and they did an awesome job.  This is just the back of it. 
 Emily slept for the first part of the parade, and then she was up and alert the rest of the time we were out. 
The next three pictures are just for Aunt Gayleen.  She is coming out here this fall to go to UVU and do their Aviation program.  So this is a special tribute to her!  We're excited to have her live by us. 


It was a fun Fourth weekend, and I do admit, I love being in Provo this time of year.  There is always a lot going on, and there is a great spirit of patriotism here.

1 comment:

Kayli Sue said...

Michelle! I was seriously just telling Clayton about all the fun times I had with you back in the day. I am so excited you have a blog! Your family is adorable. Will you be at Phil and Claire's reception? It would be great to see you!