Friday, August 9, 2013

A little catch up... Jared's 1st Birthday, and 1st haircut

I figured I should try and play catch up a little bit.  Jared turned 1 in April, and we had a little party with a few friends and family.  Jared wasn't really sure what was going on, but once he figured out there was stuff in the bags, he got a little more into it.  He did love the things he got though.




This was his cake that I made.  The other kids picked it out for him as he didn't care what he got.  If you can't tell, it is supposed to be a dinosaur. 
 He was really not sure about the candle and the fire.  He didn't blow it out...
 He did like the cake okay.  He didn't go to town on it like I thought he might.  But he ate some cake and some ice cream.  Everyone else enjoyed it, so I guess it was good enough!


Just after his first birthday, we decided it was time for him to get a hair cut.  His curls were super cute, but they were also super long.  So we attempted to cut his hair.  Brandon held him while I cut.  He was not a big fan of the clippers on his head.  It is very difficult to cut a moving target, but in the end we managed well enough and called it a success.

 This is what he looked like.  There were and still are a lot of long stray hairs, but it worked.  Now he already needs another one.  My kids just grow hair really fast I guess...
 

No comments: